Nvidia Jetson: AI technology in a compact format
Nvidia's flexible system-on-modules stand for innovation, performance, and efficiency. The company is considered an absolute expert when it comes to making the software of autonomous machines run quickly and efficiently.
What is Nvidia Jetson Platform?
Nvidia Jetson is an embedded computing platform developed by Nvidia, it is specifically designed for artificial intelligence (AI), machine learning and deep learning. The Jetson platforms have a variety of hardware and software tools to help developers build and run AI and Deep Learning applications on devices such as drones, robots, and autonomous vehicles. The Jetson platforms are based on Nvidia graphics cards and use the CUDA programming language to improve the performance of AI applications. There are several different Jetson platforms, varying in performance, size and price.
Nvidia Jetson Nano 2 GB
The showpiece of the range is the Nvidia Jetson Nano 2 GB development board. The single-board computer performs at the highest level thanks to its large RAM and the quad-core ARM A57 chip with 1.43 GHz. To ensure the most versatile use possible, the Nvidia Jetson Nano is equipped with various USB slots, a camera port and a slot for a microSD. Despite its performance, the mini-computer is relatively handy with a size of 100 x 80 mm.
The innovative AI system is available from BerryBase in the practical Nvidia Jetson Nano Developer Kit. The package is ideal for entering the field of AI technology and robotics and implementing your own IoT projects. Even if you're a beginner, you should be able to get by with the Nvidia Jetson Nano Developer Kit. The package also includes various open-source projects that make it easy to get started. You will soon realize that you can easily set up any AI algorithm imaginable with the Nvidia Jetson Nano. Let your creativity run wild!
Nvidia Jetson Nano Developer Kit B01 a
If you prefer an even more compact AI system, the Nvidia Jetson Nano Developer Kit B01 is for you. With a size of just 70 x 45 mm, the Nvidia Jetson B01 is the smallest module in the AI specialist's portfolio. Nevertheless, the mini-computer offers concentrated computing power with a strong 4 GB working memory, 472 GFLOPs and the quad-core ARM A57 chip. At the same time, the module is very efficient.
To enable a wide range of applications, the Nvidia Jetson B01 has two camera ports as well as various connections, such as GPIO, I2C, I2S and SDIO. The great advantage of the system-on-module: It is easily capable of interacting with several high-resolution sensors simultaneously. This makes it suitable, for example, as a component of intelligent gateways or household robots - the possibilities are almost limitless.
To ensure that your Nvidia Jetson Nano model can always deliver its maximum performance, it is important to keep the circuit board at a stable temperature. This is where the high-quality Ice Tower for Nvidia Jetson comes into play. The module, made of aluminium and steel, impresses with its high cooling performance and unbeatable flexibility. In addition, the Ice Tower for Jetson is visually very appealing and comparatively easy to install.
What are the benefits of Nvidia Jetson platforms?
The Nvidia Jetson platform offers a few benefits for developers who want to develop and run AI and deep learning applications on embedded systems:
- Powerful graphics processors: the Jetson platforms feature powerful graphics processing units (GPUs) optimised for running AI and deep learning applications. This enables the Jetson platforms to significantly improve the performance of AI applications and deliver faster results.
- Easy development of AI applications: The Jetson platforms offer a variety of tools and libraries to help developers easily develop and deploy AI applications. These include the CUDA programming language, the deep learning library TensorRT and various frameworks such as TensorFlow and PyTorch.
- Support for different operating systems: The Jetson platforms support various operating systems such as Linux and Android, giving developers the ability to develop and run AI applications on a variety of devices and platforms.
- Small size and light weight: The Jetson platforms are small and light, making them ideal for use in embedded systems such as robots and drones.
- High power efficiency: Jetson platforms are very power efficient and consume little power compared to traditional PCs, making them ideal for use in battery-powered devices.
What kind of projects can be realised with Nvidia Jetson platforms?
The Nvidia Jetson platform is designed specifically for developing and running AI, machine learning and deep learning applications on embedded systems. This means that developers can use the Jetson platform to develop and run applications that use artificial intelligence to solve tasks or make decisions.
Some examples of applications that can be developed with the Jetson platform are:
- Robotics: the Jetson platform can be used in robots to use artificial intelligence to perform tasks such as recognising objects and navigating the environment.
- Autonomous vehicles: the Jetson platform can be used in autonomous vehicles to capture and analyse images and video of the environment to make decisions about driving behaviour.
- Drones: The Jetson platform can be used in drones to use artificial intelligence to perform tasks such as detecting objects and navigating in the air.
- Security surveillance: The Jetson platform can be used in surveillance cameras to use artificial intelligence to detect and track people and objects in real time.
These are just a few examples of the applications that can be developed with the Jetson platform. In fact, there are many more applications where the Jetson platform can be used to leverage AI and deep learning technologies.
What is the Nvidia Jetson platform compatible with?
The Nvidia Jetson platform is compatible with a wide range of hardware and software tools.
In terms of hardware, the Jetson platform is compatible with various types of sensors and actuators used in embedded systems, such as cameras, lidar, GPS and motors. There are also a variety of expansion boards that can be connected to the Jetson platform to provide additional functionality.
In terms of software, the Jetson platform is compatible with various operating systems, including Linux and Android. There are also a variety of programming languages and tools that can be used on the Jetson platform, including the CUDA programming language, the TensorRT library and various frameworks such as TensorFlow and PyTorch.
Overall, the Jetson platform offers a comprehensive set of hardware and software tools to help developers build and run AI and deep learning applications on embedded systems.
What to consider when buying?
If you are looking to buy an Nvidia Jetson platform, there are a few factors you should consider:
- Performance: Jetson platforms come in different performance classes that vary in terms of the number of GPU cores, CPU performance and RAM.Think about the performance your applications require and choose the appropriate Jetson platform.
- Size and weight: If you want to use the Jetson platform in an embedded system such as a robot or drone, you should also consider the size and weight of the platform. Make sure the platform is suitable for your applications and fits into the system.
- Power efficiency: If you want to use the Jetson platform in a battery-powered system, you should also consider the power efficiency of the platform. Make sure the platform can meet the power needs of your applications without draining the battery quickly.
- Compatibility: Ensure that the Jetson platform is compatible with the hardware and software tools you intend to use. Check that the platform supports the operating system you want to use and that the available libraries and frameworks are suitable for your applications.